Tuesday 18 September 2012

Oxford Weekend and Deborah Harkness

Well I am back from Oxford and Woodstock!  We had so much fun on our weekend trip and it was amazing to be at St Mary Magdalene's Church for the evening reading of Shadow of Night with Deborah Harkness.

The highlight in Oxford was our tour of the Bodleian Library, what an amazing place.  You walk in and you can immediately smell the old books and manuscripts. Could have stayed there for ages...


When we travelled over to Woodstock we could tell this was going to be a special night. The setting was amazing and the village was beautiful and quaint.


Deborah was such a lovely woman and came across as being so kind and you can obviously tell how intelligent she is. She stayed after to sign copies of all the books and to further answer questions. If anybody has the opportunity to go to one of her signings or readings I would strongly suggest that they go. Was a great experience.


If you would like to see the rest of the photos from our trip you can find them all HERE.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! I would have loved to meet Deborah and to do it in the setting at Oxford! I just wrote a book review on "Shadow of Night" a couple of weeks ago. Like you, I was so sad to finish the book. My review is a little bit different from yours so if you want to check it out see http://nerdygirlswhoread.blogspot.ca/2012/08/shadow-of-night-book-review.html. Thanks! BTW Your blog design is awesome. I didn't know blogspot could do all this stuff:)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )