Sunday 11 November 2012

Book Blogger Spotlight: That READioactive Book Blog


That READioactive Book Blog


When and why did you become a book blogger?

My blog was born on 23 Aug 2012 (yeah I marked the date :P) and it was on a whim.  Also, people around me were over their heads with the amount of book-talk I indulged in.  I knew I'd have to vent somewhere else lest I drove them mad  :D

How did you come up with the name of your blog?

I'd like to say it came to me in a dream but Stephanie Meyers used that line for the concept of Twilight.  I was doodling in my notebook over names - combining, mixing & matching.  Wrote READioactive & it just felt right! :D

What is your favorite thing about blogging?

Making blogger friends!  Having a free reign to talk books as much as I want to & yeah the author interviews.  Before blogging; authors were an intangible entity but now after talking & interviewing them... they seem quite real  :D

What do you find the hardest about blogging?

Making time for all that blogging encompasses; posting frequently, connecting with everyone, PR-ing.  I mean, it's time consuming and as a working professional who sucks in time management, it's sure a challenge!

Does your blog participate in any weekly features and if so which is your favorite?

I haven't participated in the weekly features in a few weeks but I used to enjoy Feature & Follow over at Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.

What has been your favorite moment since you became a book blogger? Which review, interview or giveaway have you been most proud of?

That is yet to come!!  I have a guest post by Kendare Blake on Halloween - & I absolutely LOVE her.

Also, author Maggie Shayne stopped by my blog to comment on my review of her book. I was shocked & thrilled since I had never interacted with her before!

What kind of genres do you enjoy reading and reviewing the most?

I love to read & review YA, Paranormal, Urban Fantasy & Dystopian.  I'm also a huge fan of thrillers but I haven't begun reviewing them on the blog. (Long time fan of Tess Gerritsen & Robert Ludlum)

What is your favorite individual book or series? What makes you love it so much?

Currently, UNSPOKEN by Sarah Rees Brennan rocks big time.  I loved it because humor is an element that is so hard to nail correctly & I will eat my best hat (though I own none) if you don't get a bad case of stomach cramps laughing while into Unspoken.

Who is your favorite fictional male character, why and from what book or series are they from?

I love Adrian Ivashkov from The Vampire Academy/Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead.  Why?  Why do we love someone? :P I like that he is a flawed character, he has shades of grey, he is struggling to be a better man for the girl he loves (awww) and has a kick-ass sense of humor (so important in a man).  (Being drop dead gorgeous never hurt either!)

Who is your favorite fictional female character, why and from what book or series are they from?

Tie b/w Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games & Hermione Granger from Harry Potter.  Because I want to be them.  SO BAD.  And they are spunky, kick-ass, can hold their own in a crisis w/o being damsels in distress.

Who are your favorite three authors and why?

Sarah Rees Brennan for the wacky sense of humor.

Julie Kagawa for Badass plots .

Laini Taylor for the most gorgeous prose ever.


What are you reading right now?

Velveteen by Daniel Marks.  Also reading the awesome blog that goes by the name Rainy Day Reads ;)

Paper books or ebooks?

LOVE the feel of good paper but enjoy the Kindle app on ipad! Touch tie.

Which would be your favorite place to read? Curled up on a cold day in front of a fireplace, in front of a window on a lovely overcast rainy day or outside on a hammock on a warm summer’s day?

If Melancholy then former, if Cheery then the latter! 

Milk chocolate, white chocolate or dark chocolate?

I really appreciate this question. I like Milk chocolate. Make that love. :D

Coffee or hot tea?

Coffee Addict.

Would you like to give any other details about yourself? How can others find you around the web? Such as Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads, etc...

Blog: http://highlyreadioactive.blogspot.in/
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/READioactiveBookReviews
Twitter: https://twitter.com/ichbinaditi
Goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/Readioactiveblogger

I am a talkative person (you might have figured that out) so don't hesitate at all to connect!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed this spotlight feature! (already follow you both)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )