Saturday 10 November 2012

Review: Silence


Nora Grey can't remember the past five month of her life. After the initial shock of waking up in a cemetery and being told that she has been missing for weeks - with no one knowing where she was or who she was with - she tried to get her life back on track. Go to school, hang out with her best friend, Vee, and dodge mom's creepy new boyfriend.

But there is this voice in the back of her head, an idea that she can almost reach out and touch. Visions of angel wings and unearthly creatures that have nothing to do with the life she knows.

And this unshakable feeling that a part of her is missing.

Then Nora crosses paths with a sexy stranger, whom she feels a mesmerizing connection to. He seems to hold all the answers...and her heart. Every minute she spends with him grows more and more intense until she realizes she could be falling in love. Again.

Title: Silence (Hush, Hush ~ Book 3)
Author: Becca Fitzpatrick
Publication Date: October 4 2011
Publisher: Simon & Schuster 
Length: 448 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: By far my favorite of the series. Still loving the gray tones, but those waves and those wings... VERY nice!
Point of View: 1st person, following Nora

My Rating: 4 Stars

I highly enjoyed Silence and I think so far this has been my favorite of the series.  But still... there is just something that is stopping me from giving any of them the highest form of love, those sought after five stars.  I feel this series has been a lot of fun to read but there is just always something missing.

Nora.  I feel Nora has changed a lot since Hush, Hush.  Unfortunately, I am not convinced she has changed for the better.  She just has some of the oddest thoughts and some of her choices are darn right ridiculous.  Even after she remembers and says she loves Patch, soul mates, to the end of their days... She still doubts him?!  What?  That is not true love to me.  How can somebody one minute say they love somebody with all their heart and the person say it in return and then you think they are going to double cross you?  UGH.  Nora, please wake up and smell the coffee.  Please don't get me wrong though, I don't hate her.  I actually really do like her as a character it's just sometimes I feel like she is two people.  The one that shows outwardly to others and then the one that is in her head.  Those two don't always sound and act like the same person.

Patch.  Well I just love Patch.  In fact I really wish that Fitzpatrick would write a prequel trilogy about Patch before he met Nora.  I bet he has some wild stories he could share and I would love to read them!

At the start of Silence we find Nora waking up in the cemetery and unable to remember the last five months of her life.  As in no memory of Patch.  *sigh*  Will these two ever get to just be together already?  Because she can't remember anything about the Fallen Angels, the Nephilim, etc.. I did feel a bit too much deja vu as I continued reading.  I mean she is having to learn everything again so the retelling of what has happened got a little old.

However... I do have to say I enjoyed Nora and Patch/Jev getting to know each other again.  I mean let's be honest I like these books because of the chemistry between the two so to see the sparks fly again as if it was the first time, I'm not hating that part.

As I said earlier, this was an enjoyable read.  There was plenty of action and suspense and I didn't really want to put it down.  I know there is a lot of hating on this series out in bloggerville and on Goodreads but honestly I feel this has been a good series to read.  With the way Silence ended I am very eager to start Finale!  It is funny how cliffhangers aren't nearly as bad when you have the next book in the series to start right away.

“I love you.” His voice was straightforward, affectionate. “You make me remember who I used to be. You make me want to be that man again. Right now, holding you, I feel like we have a shot at beating all odds and making it together. I’m yours, if you’ll have me.”

2 comments:

  1. I've read the first book in this series and felt a bit underwhelmed. But I've heard they get better, so maybe I'll have to read on! (There was a lot of swoon-worthy chemistry between Nora and Patch....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hannah! I agree they do get better as they go on. Even though there is something missing they have still been quite enjoyable. Helps that I love Patch. :P

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )