Wednesday 26 December 2012

Review: The Unidentified Redhead


When Grace Sheridan returns to Los Angeles to become a working actor, it's a second shot at a life-long dream.

With some help from her best friend and agent, that dream could become a reality, but at thirty-three, has Grace missed her chance at the big time?

Will an unexpected sizzling romance with the entertainment industry's newest 'it' boy shine an uncomfortable spotlight on her life?

Title: The Unidentified Redhead (Redhead ~ Book 1)
Author: Alice Clayton
Publication Date: February 16 2010
Publisher: Omnific Publishing 
Length: 276 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Cute and quirky, just like the book!
Point of View: 1st person, following Grace (aka Gracie, Crazy, Nuts Girl)

My Rating: 5 Stars

What a fun, flirty, fantastic book!  When I read Wallbanger by Alice Clayton I knew that I had to check out her other books.  She has a great way of blending hearts and flowers romance, hilarity and plenty of sexy times.

When I first read the synopsis and started The Unidentified Redhead I wasn't sure I was going to connect with Grace.  Los Angeles, struggling actor... I didn't want her to be a vain wannabe that was too worried about her looks to have any real character.  I am so glad to say this is not at all what Grace is about.

Grace (aka Gracie, Crazy, Nuts Girl) has been to L.A. before.  Right after college she and her best friend Holly moved out there to become the next big things.  It didn't work.  Grace went back to her hometown with her tail between her legs while Holly stayed out and has been working her way up the ladder as a pretty good Agent.

Flash forward to today and we find Grace (who is now 33) deciding to move back to L.A. to give the whole acting thing another go.  I loved Grace.  She is honest, a great friend and funny... oh she is SO funny.  She is the queen of snarky remarks and she has so met her match when it comes to Jack.

Jack (aka George, Sweet Nuts, Johnny Bite Down) is an up and coming Hollywood star.  He has a big movie coming out soon that is getting a lot of buzz.  It's a film based on a series of erotic short stories that were published in a women's magazine.  George... oh sorry Jack, is just about the sweetest guy ever.  I loved him.  He is also snarky, intelligent and very romantic.  How old is Jack you ask?  He is 24.  I will save you the math, Grace is nine years older than Jack.  Although this never seems to phase Jack of course this is always playing on Grace's mind.

Grace and Jack immediately hit it off and the banter between these two is epic.  Normally I would say things such as 'their romance slowly unfolded', etc... but in this case that is not at all what happens.  It is fast, it is hot, it is heavy and it is perfect. 

“He pushed me back up against the door, slamming me against the doorbell.  I heard it ring out.

"Coming!"  I heard Holly say as she clicked across the floor to the front door.

"Not quite, but she’s close."  He chuckled, removing his hand and leaving me breathless and rosy cheeked.”

Grace and Jack have some major sexy times...  I have filed this away in my new (probably made up genre) Chick Lit with Sexy Times.  To be fair that is probably really just classed as 'Romance' but to me that doesn't fit because I have read Romance books before and even though they can be good in their own way there was never much of a proper story in the ones I read.  But Alice Clayton manages to draw you into her books and there are real characters and real stories just with a heck of a lot of sexy times thrown in also.  And laughs, never forget about the laughs because there are a plenty.

If you are looking for a fun sexy read then please look no further than Alice Clayton.  I have read two out of her three books and have given both of them 5 stars.  I am very excited to immediately start The Redhead Revealed.  I am dying for more Grace and Jack.

“Ok, look. Whenever I hear people say that they felt ‘sparks,’ I usually think it’s a load of poo.  I mean, I have felt attraction to people, sure, and I have even felt some instant lust.  But sparks? Please... Then he touched my skin.  Sparks.  Sparks.  Sparks.  Hot sparks.  Flashing sparks.  Lightning bolt sparks.  Jesus, Mary, and Joseph sparks.”

1 comment:

  1. I loved the Wallbanger so much, and can't believe I didn't think of checking Alice Clayton's other works. *bangs head to desk*
    The Unidentified Redhead sounds absolutely fantastic. And I love age difference romances with the guy being younger :)

    Thanks for the awesome review!

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )