Sunday 20 January 2013

Review: Up to Me


Happily ever after doesn’t come easy. But for love, it’s always worth the fight.

Olivia finds bliss unlike any she’s ever known in Cash’s arms. He sets her skin on fire and melts her heart right inside her chest. Unfortunately, their happily ever after is short-lived when a shadow from Cash’s past threatens to turn their world upside down.

Dangerous people from his father’s world have discovered that Cash holds information that could put them away for a very long time. And they’re willing to do anything—and hurt anybody—to get it back. Giving it up means Cash must choose between the life of his father and the life of Olivia.

Having nearly overcome her wariness of bad boys, Olivia’s trust is shaken when this new threat arises. Now she finds that Cash is not only a danger to her heart, but his family has associations that are a danger to her life as well. She soon discovers that there are some situations in life where trust is a girl’s only option. And this is one of them. If she’s to live, she must trust Cash with her life. But to Olivia, that’s much, much easier than letting go and trusting him with her heart.

Title: Up to Me (The Bad Boys ~ Book 2)
Author: M. Leighton | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: January 6 2013 
Length: 288 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Not a fan.  The cover for book 1 is by far better.
Point of View:  Alternating 1st person between both Olivia and Cash

My Rating: 3 Stars

Hhhhmmm... sadly I have mixed feelings about the second instalment of The Bad Boys series.  I'm not saying I didn't enjoy it because I did, I just didn't enjoy it as much as Down to You.  But there was one thing that really drove me insane... Olivia.

I am not going to hold back at all when I talk about Olivia... she drove me crazy in this book.  She grated on me a little in Down to You but there were so many times I wanted to slap her this go around.  In fact there is one scene where I was so upset with the decisions she was making that I actually had to put my Kindle down and contemplated skipping ahead.  I just can not understand her thought processes most of the time and when I can't understand why a character is doing something it makes me start to question the entire plot.

Honest to goodness, plain and simple... stupid decisions were made time after time by Olivia.  Gggrrrrrr.....

 “Do me a favor,” he whispers, curling my fingers over the back of his and bringing them to his mouth.  “What?”  His eyes never leave mine as he brushes his lips over my knuckles. “Dream of me tonight,” he says softly.

Thankfully there is Cash and it is because of him that still made me enjoy this book.  I am so thankful that this is a dual POV book so that we can get into his head.  I love him.  He is snarky, loveable, confident, adorable and a complete badass.  I love how much he cares for Olivia and everything he does to keep her safe.  And the sexy times? Hot as ever!

There is a lot more action in this second instalment and another huge twist! I wouldn't say the book ended on a cliffhanger but it was just enough to get you excited for book three.  In the end I would still suggest this series and I will still read the next book when it is released.  If for nothing else I need more Davenport in my life.

“You haven't failed me. You've breathed so much life into my existence. Don't ever be sorry for that.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )