Tuesday 26 February 2013

Review: Never Too Far


He had held a secret that destroyed her world.

Everything she had known was no longer true.

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him. Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again. What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately?

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.

Title: Never Too Far (Too Far ~ Book 2)
Author: Abbi Glines | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: February 26 2013
Publisher: Self Published 
Length: 304 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US / Amazon UK

Source: Purchased from Smashwords (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Perfect!  I have no trouble believing that is Blaire and it fits the book perfectly.
Point of View: Alternating 1st person between both Blaire and Rush

My Rating: 5 Stars

“She wouldn't come back.  She hated me.  She hated Nan.  She hated my mom.   She hated her father.   She wouldn't come back here... but God, I wanted her to.” 

I am still a bit breathless...

I was in a fit of hysterics when I saw that this was published a day early on Smashwords.  I immediately purchased it, put it on my Kindle and started right then and there.  The bad news? It was 10:00pm.  The good news?  I had the next day off work.  I am so glad that I did because there was absolutely no way I would have been able to put this book down.  I finished it at around 4:00am and it was oh so worth it.  I didn’t think it was possible but the little crush I had on Rush... well it isn’t so little any more.  Holy smoke was this book HOT! Sizzling...

“It had been three weeks, four days and twelve hours since I'd seen her. Since she'd torn my heart out.  If I had been drinking, I'd blame it on the alcohol.  It had to be an illusion, a desperate one.   But I hadn't been drinking.  Not a drop.  There was no mistaking Blaire.  It was her.  She was actually here.  Blaire was back in Rosemary.”

How great are dual point of view books? In book one, Fallen Too Far, it was all from Blaire’s point of view and to be honest I understand why it needed to be.  There were too many secrets being held by Rush to have been able to share his point of view then.  But now the secrets are out so we can finally get all up inside his head... and oh what a joy it is being there.

Rush is amazing.  He is caring, sexy, kind, hot, gentle, loving, protective... the list could go on and on.  And Rush knows what he wants.  He wants Blaire.  He is furious with himself for letting her walk away and now he will do everything he can to prove to her that he will never let her down again.

“Listen to me, Blaire.  If you try to go anywhere I will chase you down.  I will become your shadow.  I won't let you out of my sight because I can't live without you.  I made so many damn mistakes with you I don't even want to try and count them but I am going to start making things right from here on out.”

I will admit that there were times that I wanted to give Blaire a little slap.  Not a hard ‘I hate you’ kinda slap but a softer ‘wake the heck up’ kinda slap.  However I could never let my irritation get too out of control because somehow I still understood the mixed feelings she was experiencing.

She loves Rush and knows she always will. She had lost everybody in her life and had let Rush in and when all of the secrets from Fallen Too Far came out she was hurt and confused and didn’t think she could trust him again.   I get it.  I think it was only because we are also in Rush’s head and we know he is sincere so I just wanted her to get on the same page so that they could run off into the sunset together and live happily ever after.

“I'll be whatever you allow me to be, Blaire.  Just don't shut me out again.  Please.”

I continued to love the side characters as much as I did in Fallen Too Far.  My favourite though would have to be Woods.  He really stepped up his game and I fell pretty hard for him this time around.   This is made even more exciting because of the fact that Woods will be getting his own story told, Twisted Perfection, which is due to be published in late April 2013.  So we will get to see a bit more of him in the very near future.

Grant has always been lovely. I am happy to report that he will also be getting his own story, which of course I will reading as soon as it is published in the Fall of 2013.  He had a bit of a secretive side to him in this book and I think there is a lot more going on that maybe we don’t know about.   Unfortunately it appears those secrets may have to do with Nan... now if there was somebody that I wanted to give a hard ‘I hate you’ slap to it would be Nan.

“Don’t assume I’m bluffing Nan.  Because this time you’ve fucked with something I care about.  This affects me, so listen and shut the hell up”

What a spoiled, inconsiderate, selfish little child Nan is.  I know she had a rough childhood but honestly she needs a wakeup call.  I was seeing red in parts and really wanted her to just go away and never come back.  I can only hope that as the other stories get published that she finally grows up and becomes a decent human being.

“But I don't fit.  Your family hates me.  I make your life difficult."

That's where she was wrong.  "No, You're my family.  And as for making my life difficult, you, Blaire Wynn, make my life complete.”

oooOOOooohhh and did I mention earlier that this book was HOT?  Holy moly saying that it was sizzling is an understatement.  I was loved the chemistry between Blaire and Rush in book one.  They only had to be standing in the same room for there be sparks.  But... wow.  These two are now off the charts.  I don’t believe this book is being pushed as a Young Adult and I would have to agree with that decision.  The ‘sexy times’ are explained in detail and man oh man...  *fans self*  Rush is... he’s... I can’t even put into words.  He has actually left me speechless.

“She's amazing.  No... she's perfect.  Everything about her is fucking perfect," I said aloud.  "I don't just love her, she owns me.  Completely.  I'd do anything for her.”

So, if you haven’t realized by this point I loved this book!  I think Abbi Glines is a an amazing writer and would recommend this or any of her books to anybody who is willing to listen... heck even to those that don’t want to listen.  My friends don’t call me The Book Pusher for nothing.  If you even think you may even a little bit like the sound of this book then please do not hesitate.  Trust me.  You need Rush in your life.... Hell, everybody needs Rush in their life.

“No man has ever loved a woman as much as I love you.  Nothing will ever come before you.  I don’t know what else I have to do to prove to you that I won’t let you down again.  I won’t hurt you.  You don’t have to be alone anymore. I need you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )