Wednesday 26 June 2013

Review: Forever Too Far


Rush promised her forever... but promises can be broken.

Torn between his love for his family and his love for Blaire, Rush has to find a way to save one without losing the other. In the end one has to be more important. Letting go isn’t easy.

Blaire believed in her fairytale... but no one can live in a fantasy.

Her love for Rush and desire to have a family keep her believing that they can find a way for this to work. Until she has to make the right decision for her and the baby. Even if it breaks her heart.

Can they find the forever that they both want or has it all just gone... too far?

Title: Forever Too Far (Too Far ~ Book 3)
Author: Abbi Glines | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: June 9 2013
Publisher: Self Published
Length: 304 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Perfect for the series
Point of View: Alternating 1st person between both Blaire and Rush (With a couple of surprises thrown in toward the end)

My Rating: 4 Stars

Hhhhmmm...  I was one of the ones cheering Abbi on to give Rush and Blaire a third and final book.  I thought they deserved more to their story, and I wanted to see Rush with his son.

However, what I didn't want was a book that centred mostly around Nan.  Unfortunately, that is what Forever Too Far felt like.  I can not even put into words the amount of hatred I have for Nan.  I always said I refused to read a book if she was the main character.  I don't even care if she does a complete 180 and turns into a saint.  I hate her and I would never read her own book.  However, I feel like I have been suckered into reading it anyway.  She was everywhere in this book.  In Rush's point of view, in Blaire's point of view... e. v. e. r. y. w. h. e. r. e.  And I hated it.  Every single time she came into the scene I wanted to throw my Kindle.  Then when she finally left for a bit, I thought okay here we go... she is going to come back, apologize for being the pathetic loser that she is, and we can all move on from her childishness.  Nope.  She comes back and is still a bitch.

Well, Nan, you know what?  I. HATE. YOU.  And I will say it right now.  I am so excited for Grant's book, This One Chance, and if Nan ruins that book for me I swear I am going to flip a chair a something.

“When you find your reason for living, hold onto it.  Never let it go.  Even if it means burning other bridges along the way.”

Okay, I think I have all of that out of my system... so on to what I did love about Forever Too Far.  That would be Rush.  I just simply love him.  I wish there would have been more steamy scenes cause that is where Rush really wins me over.  He is just such a sweet, yet very dominate guy.  And there is no where that he is more dominate than in the bedroom... holy hotness batman.  But even he annoyed me a few times because again, it all came back to Nan.  He just could not get past her drama, and again wasn't there for Blaire when she needed him.  He really just needs to nip that cord and let Nan go her own way.  I don't care if she threatens to swallow two dozen bottles of pills, the world would be better off in the long run.

“I never imagined anyone like you, Blaire. But every time I think about forever with you, I’m humbled that you chose me.”

Blaire was the same for me.  She has always annoyed me with her self doubt.  Yes, I know Rush is all over Nan like a bad rash and he seems to be with her during really important moments but there is nothing more Rush could do to show Blaire he loves her.  Even though Nan can be annoying and Rush's attentiveness toward her is super annoying, Blaire really should never doubt his loyalty and love.

I also really enjoyed Rush's father, Dean.  I was scared he was going to be a complete jerk and I really ended up liking him.  He of course has his faults, old habits die hard... but all in all I really liked him.

And my favorite part?  Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed and Something Blue.  This was one of the sweetest scenes... EVER.  Loved every moment of it.

“He'd made sure I had something old, something new, something borrowed, and something blue.”

So, to sum it all up... this is a must read for the Too Far series lovers out there.  Just please go into it knowing that Nan plays a huge part.  You hated her before, you will hate her during and you will hate her after.  But, in between her bits you get more Rush.  And who could say no to more Rush Finlay?

“I’m not ever letting your sexy ass get too far away from me again.”
“How far is too far?” I asked.
“It’s all too far. I want you right here beside me… forever.”

MORE QUOTES FROM FOREVER TOO FAR

1 comment:

  1. Abbi Glines has some seriously good books. Sadly I have only read 1 or 2 of them!
    Your rant about Nan made me laugh! I must admit I often delete such rants from my reviews and I think I wont anymore.
    The ppl deserve to know the truth! lolz
    That rant alone makes me want to read this series.
    Im glad the book didnt end on an entirely bad note for you :)

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )