Wednesday 12 June 2013

Review: Reflected in You


Gideon Cross. As beautiful and flawless on the outside as he was damaged and tormented on the inside. He was a bright, scorching flame that singed me with the darkest of pleasures. I couldn't stay away. I didn't want to. He was my addiction... my every desire... mine.

My past was as violent as his, and I was just as broken. We’d never work. It was too hard, too painful... except when it was perfect. Those moments when the driving hunger and desperate love were the most exquisite insanity.

We were bound by our need. And our passion would take us beyond our limits to the sweetest, sharpest edge of obsession...

Title: Reflected in You (Crossfire ~ Book 2)
Author: Sylvia Day | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: October 2 2012
Publisher: Berkley
Length: 338 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: Again, the item pictured on the cover is in the story, which I like. Also, the color is gorgeous.
Point of View: 1st person, following Eva (unfortunately)

My Rating: 4 Stars

*takes calming breath*  I have never been so mentally and physically exhausted after reading a book.  I have used the term roller coaster in the past with other reviews, but that just goes to show I had no idea what I was talking about back then.  This. Book. Will. Exhaust. You.

“I'd rather argue with you, angel, then laugh with anyone else.”

Reflected in You, starts off exactly where Bared to You ended.  We find Eva and Gideon desperately trying to find an even level footing in their relationship.  But, not only do they have both of their pasts to get over, they also have every possible outside force coming at them full steam ahead.  Every time they had a calm moment, everything seems peaceful and you start to think that this could be it... maybe things will calm down.  BAM!  Something else gets thrown at them.

“You’re the greatest risk I’ve ever taken.” His pressed his lips gently to mine. “And the greatest reward.”

If you read my review for Bared to You then you will know that I am not Eva's biggest fan, unfortunately that really hasn't changed.  She has continued to make some of the stupidest decisions I have ever seen.  Her insecurity and hypocrisy truly knows no bounds.  However, she did make me chuckle a few times. Eva has a thing where she flips people the bird when she doesn't have a smooth comeback.  This honestly made me laugh out loud several times.  I actually liked seeing a fun side of her.

 “I flipped the good doctor the bird.
Snorting, Gideon caught my hand and pulled me back down the hall.
"What is it with you and giving people the finger?"
"What? It's a classic.”

Gideon as always is the star of the show for me.  He is the reason I love these books.  He is also a saint for putting up with Eva.  However, there were a couple of times that I wanted to yell at him this go around.  But in the end his grand plan all came together, and I understood why he was acting the way he was.  He is as always, sex on legs.  There is no other way to describe this man, he is the ultimate.

“His kisses were gifts.  He kissed with everything he had, with power and passion and hunger and love. He held nothing back, giving everything, exposing everything.”

The sex is well and truly on fire in Reflected in You.  Even with the constant up and down roller coaster ride of emotions, you can always count on Gideon and Eva to have good sex.  That will never change.  There is also true emotion, I mean how could there not be between these two?  Everything is amped to the highest degree with them.

“Are you hurting anywhere else?" I asked, feeling so emotionally raw after the long night we'd had.

He caught my wrist and pulled my hand down to press flat over his heart. "Here.”

So, I am now ready to tackle the third book in the Crossfire series, Entwined With You.  I will again end this review with a prayer that Eva grows up.  Granted, I didn't find myself wanting to kill her quite as often as I did in Bared to You, but I can easily say we are still not BFFs.

“I'll kill for you, give up everything I own for you... but I won't give you up.”

MORE QUOTES FROM REFLECTED IN YOU

2 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean, I read this book in a day and I was physically and mentally exhausted. I'm about to start Entwined With You, which I can't wait to start. But there is still tow more books in the series, so I've heard. So I'm looking forward to how its going to develop and whether or not Eva will grow up. Lovely Review, Christine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww the quotes had me swooning!! I still haven't read this series yet, but I've been wanting to ever since Bared to You came out! This seems like such a fiery, fun, thrilling series! I've got to get my hands on it soon! Thanks for the awesome review!
    Shae @ Understanding Shae's Story

    ReplyDelete

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )