Friday 2 August 2013

Review: Mile High


James has initiated Bianca into a dark and drugging world of passion and pain. He taught her about her own submissive, masochistic nature, and she fell swiftly and deeply in love with the undeniably charming and impossibly beautiful Mr. Cavendish, but a painful misunderstanding and the return of the brutally violent demon of her past have combined to overwhelm Bianca, and, confused and hurt, she pushes him away.

It’s been over a month since the shocking attack that hospitalized her, and since she told a distraught James that she needed space, but her feelings haven’t gone away. Even she knew that it was only a matter of time before he would cast his spell on her again…

Title: Mile High (Up in the Air ~ Book 2)
Author: R.K. Lilley | Twitter | Facebook | Goodreads | Website
Publication Date: November 02 2012
Publisher: Self-Published
Length: 283 Pages
Add it to your TBR PileGoodreads
Buy ItAmazon US | Amazon UK

Source: Purchased (Kindle Edition)
Cover Love: That is Bianca, she is perfect.
Point of View: 1st person, following Bianca

My Rating: 5 Stars

Love. Love. Love.  This is all I have for this series... LOVE.  There is just so much I can say about the Up in the Air series.  I will be gushing and the words love and adore will be used often.

“Meet my future.  Her name is Bianca.  Come to terms with it.  My advice would be to get on her good side.”

Bianca continued to impress me in Mile High.  However, I did roll my eyes a few times at some of her internal thoughts and actions but who is perfect?  I still find her to be a strong female character, and even her imperfections were endearing.

“There you go, belittling us again.  You must know by now that I've never done any of this for anyone else.  I was a slut once with my body, but I've never been a slut with my heart.”

But the true star of this show continued to be James.  I can't say enough good things about him.  He has continued to be honest with Bianca.  He pushes her just to the limit to which he thinks she can handle.  He is mindful of her first inclination to run, so he never pushes too far or too fast.  Instead of coming out and demanding something of her he puts the idea in her head, tells her to start thinking about as it is something he would like to see happen in the future.

I want to point out that there is of course a lot of sex in this series.  But it just doesn't feel like it is all about sex, if that makes sense.  And James always shows Bianca the respect she deserves.  Even though this is a book about BDSM, the scenes never go too far in that you feel uncomfortable, at least I never did.  James practically worships Bianca, and would never dream of hurting her.

There is so much give and take with their relationship.  Bianca is very closed off with her emotions and her past.  But again, he never pushes her.  He also offers information about his past and his life in exchange for her opening up.  I loved these exchanges.  It showed how their relationship was slowly evolving into something deeper and more meaningful.  We are in Bianca's head and we know her feelings for James.  But even without being in James' head, I have no doubt his feelings for her.  I really just love him.

“I don't feel alone with you.  I feel like I have a family and a home again.  You're my home.  All of the dark shadows seem to disappear when we're together.”

Stephan continued to be the very best BFF.  He and James grew even closer in Mile High, and I still love their relationship.  It would have been so easy for R.K. Lilley to make them spiteful or jealous of each other's relationship with Bianca and you just never feel that.  They both love her and with that love they have become friends.

“Careful, Love.  You can't offer a starving man a feast and expect him not to take you up on it.”

The third and final book in the series is Grounded.  I am so very excited to start it right away.  I wouldn't say that Mile High ends on a cliffhanger, although it is obvious that there is more to their story that we need to find out.  But as all three books are published, it doesn't matter.  My suggestion is that if you have any interest at all in this type of story, that you start them as soon as possible.

MORE QUOTES FROM MILE HIGH

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you have to say! I read and try to respond to every single comment I receive. Knowing there are people out there reading is what makes this all worth it... : )